Polycore or Wood – Which Shutter Type is Right for You?
There are plenty of choices to make as a homeowner, which you probably already know. So you are most likely also already aware that it is a good idea to be well-informed in order to make these decisions.
If you are thinking about adding shutters to your Fort Worth home, the two main options that you have for materials are wood and polycore. In order to decide which would be best for you, it is about understanding the benefits and traits of each.
- Wood pretty much sells itself. It is durable, beautiful and each piece cut from it is one-of-a-kind. All of these traits alone are reason enough to consider wood for your shutters.
- If you would like to increase the property value of your home, wood is also the way to go. Keep in mind that the upfront cost is higher, but you get a better return on investment with real wood.
- Polycore, on the other hand, is the more cost-effective option. It is a synthetic shutter with a co-extruded aluminum core with baked on waterborne paint. All of that makes it even more durable than wood.
- Polycore is also resistant to moisture and fire retardant.
- While both are available in a variety of colors, wood is also able to be stained in case you would rather keep that all natural wood grain look.
Making Your Choice
The smart thing to do is to not make your choice alone. Partner with our polycore shutter experts at Showcase Window Fashions and end up with shutters you can live with, and love, for years to come.